KPW Since 1949
Celebrating its 70th Birthday in 2019 was truly a momentous milestone after a Sylvester Kelly, 33-year-old man, had the foresight to establish a “New-look Printing” outlet. Unfortunately, Sylvester passed away inside six months of its opening but his brother Michael took over the business and, later, he was joined by his sons, Ken, Michael S., and Brendan.
As the business grew they moved, in 1983, into a 5,000 sq. ft. specially designed plant. Over a few years, they enlarge their factory space to a massive 30,000 sq.ft. and became the first printers in the West of Ireland to introduce computer continuous printing, with the installation of a £1.2million machine, which attracted customers from every county in Ireland as well as overseas.
Now employing over thirty workers, they are always ready to meet the needs of its medical and corporate customers nationwide. “Customer relationships are paramount here in KPW,” said MD, Brendan Kelly. “We have a great team here who can cater for all types of designs, printing and delivery”, he explained.
Brendan further added “Printing has changed a lot over the past seventy years and we have moved with it. We have now one of the most modern plants in Ireland.”
1949 Business started by Sylvie & Michael Kelly.
1951 Moved to premises in Society Street.
1983 Moved to the current location in Poolboy Industrial Estate.
1999 Celebrated 50 years in business.
2003 Excellence Through People Award.
2008 Certified to ISO9001 Quality Management System.
2009 Environmental Chain of Custody Certification.
2009 Celebrated 60 years in business.
2012 Certified to ISO13485 (Medical Devices), 27001 (Information Security) and 14001 (Environment).
2012 Major Investment in Digital Technology.
2013 Initiated major Lean Programme.